About the project
I had wanted to work at the European Commission for a long time, so I was very pleased to join their team as a senior content strategy consultant.
The Directorate General (DG) I worked for is responsible for the content on the main website ec.europa.eu. They are often asked for advice by other DGs on how to publish their content in a way that is consistent, clear, and easy to use.
I worked at the EC as a full-time in-house consultant. As such, I had the opportunity to work on multiple projects on various topics, such as the Euro, GDPR, Commission Priorities and Long-term Budget.
- Content audits: developed an understanding of the current situation, the various channels and different types of content.
- Stakeholder research: interviewed people involved in the creation and publication of content, as well as subject matter experts.
- Researched needs for the information architecture
- Created flow maps of content processes, and suggested optimisations.
- Prepared and followed up on user research and testing.
- Benchmarking: analysed how other governments or organisations in the same sphere approach certain topics.
- Presented strategies for rationalisation and optimisation of content and structure, and briefed editors and developers on the proposed changes.
- Better organised content in several sections of the website.
- Optimised content processes.
- A process to ensure structuring and editing time-sensitive content in a short time frame.