About the project
Before 2018 multiple Telenet service apps floated around in the app-sphere: one to manage your bills, one to check your network, one to check your usage, and a support-app. The aim of the project was to consolidate the functionalities of several apps into one app, so the customer would have an easier time fulfilling their tasks, without having to switch apps all the time.
I worked closely with my UX coworkers, the design team, developers, copywriters, translators and subject matter experts to design the best UX content to guide the users from point A to B, in several flows.
UX research is taken seriously at Telenet. We conducted numerous user interviews and tested the prototypes with (potential) clients, iterated and repeated the process until we got it just right.
- Understanding the product: undertook domain modelling exercises and had coffee dates with coworkers.
- User research: interviewed users, analysed the data (from the apps, website, and customer service).
- UX writing: designed and iterated on the content in the flows.
- UX testing: had real users test our prototypes.
- Carried out iteration based on the testing outcome.
- Handed the product over to development.
- A very practical, multifunctional app, featuring a fresh design and good, clear, useful, and human UX copy.
- Insight into what the users need and how they use the interface.
- Introduction of UX writing methods and practice to the team at Telenet.